W&M will be conducting RCRA Hazardous Waste Management and DOT Hazardous Material Transportation (HazMat) Training this fall in Dallas on September 14 – 15 and Houston on September 28 – 29.
Regulations and policies on handling hazardous waste are updated every year by the EPA and TCEQ. Regulations also require annual training for personnel who handle or manage hazardous waste in Texas.
W&M’s RCRA Full-Day Course Topics will include:
- Identification and classification of waste
- Waste container handling, management and storage requirements
- Requirements for hazardous waste generators
- Manifests and recordkeeping requirements
- Pollution prevention ideas
DOT Half Day Course Topics will include:
- Because hazardous waste is also regulated as a DOT HazMat (or dangerous good), anyone who prepares a shipment and/or who signs a hazardous waste manifest must also have DOT HazMat training.
- Function-Specific training to complete a hazardous waste manifest
- DOT Hazard Classification
- Proper shipping name and shipping papers
- Labeling, marking and packaging requirements