The TCEQ is in the process of renewing the TPDES Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) for industrial facilities, TXR050000,which expires August 14, 2016. The final draft of the Storm Water MSGP will be available for viewing on June 13, 2016. W&M will prepare further communications regarding the final changes after June 13th.
For Existing MSGP Permit Holders
- The new permit will be effective August 14, 2016.
- Within 90 Days from the effective date existing permit holders will need to:
- Update existing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP3) to meet new MSGP requirements. (Note: this is an excellent time to review the SWP3 to make sure it reflects current site conditions and operations).
- Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to the TCEQ to renew permits by November 13, 2016. If the NOI is not submitted by this date your permit will be terminated.
- Implement the updated SWP3(s).
For No Exposure Certification (NEC) Permittees
- Within 90 Days from the effective date:
- Review site operations relative to the conditions of the NEC in the new MSGP to make sure your facility still qualifies. If so, submit a new NEC form by November 13, 2016.
- If your facility no longer qualifies, you must prepare and implement a SWP3 in accordance with the new MSGP and submit an NOI by November 13, 2016.