W&M offers a comprehensive benefit package as part of our employees total compensation. We understand that needs vary for each employee, therefore we offer a range of choices that will provide the best value and protection for each individuals’ health and budget. If you become a member of our organization you will receive detailed information about each benefit program.
- Health Care Spending Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance/LTD/STD
- Personal Time Off (PTO) – 3 Weeks First Year For Full Time Employees! *accrued per payperiod
- Holidays – 9 Observed Company Holidays Per Year
- Training Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
W&M Tuition Assistance Program
We have a tuition assistance program that provides $1,500 toward accredited degrees or $500 toward job development per year. Employees are encouraged and assisted in developing career goals through our career development courses.
W&M Project Management Training Program (PMIT)
The purpose of the project manager training program at W&M is to foster the interest, drive, passion, and dedication of the next generation of leaders of the firm. Individuals who are nominated into the program possess the leadership potential that W&M needs to continue growing and thriving in the environmental industry.
The program is designed to provide experience in various functions of the organization and expanded responsibilities in project management. Participants will be mentored by top leaders of the firm. The program focuses on three fundamentals of project management: schedule, budget, and quality.
W&M Employee Recognition Program
The W&M employee recognition program was developed to recognize significant individual contributions. Employee are rewarded for exceptional contributions, such as providing outstanding service, implementation of a new idea which saves significant time or money, completing significant projects ahead of schedule, or contributing above and beyond what is expected. Managers and employees are encouraged to send in nominations Winners are selected weekly, monthly and quarterly. An annual employee of the year award is presented to the employee with the greatest contributions. All winners are presented with a monetary reward.
Careers with W&M
W&M is a full service environmental, health and safety consulting company focused on providing cost-effective solutions to out clients. Our staff consists of engineers, geologists, scientists and other environmental professionals.
W&M is seeking a dedicated GIS/CAD Analyst I in our Austin, TX office. The successful candidate will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, or related field of study and 0 to 2 years relevant professional experience supported by course work and project related experience. Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas is necessary. Must have ability to prioritize and complete projects with short deadlines. Candidate must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time. High attention to detail is necessary. Candidate must have experience in AutoCAD, ESRI ArcGIS, Excel, and database software. Must be able to convert data between GIS and AutoCAD. Potential job responsibilities will include:
- Develop highly detailed base maps
- Develop maps based on data from Project Managers
- Edit existing maps
- Analyze, organize, and manipulate data
- Integrate GPS data into maps
- Work with field data software to create forms and download and compile data
- Communicate and understand requests from project managers and other team members
W&M is seeking a dedicated Environmental Project Manager to work in our Plano, TX office. The successful candidate will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related field of study and 8+ years of direct consulting experience with an emphasis on assessment and remediation of soil and groundwater. Experience with scope of work development, and project budgeting and scheduling is required. Must be able to mentor and train junior staff. Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas is necessary.
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Project experience using the Texas Risk Reduction Program (TRRP)
- Phase I ESAs
- Phase II Site Investigations
- Soil and groundwater sampling
- Vapor intrusion assessment and sampling
- Data analysis and report preparation under Texas environmental regulatory programs
Field expertise and desire to drive projects to completion is necessary. We want to hire someone that works hard and has the capacity to advance and make a long-term contribution to the success of W&M.
W&M is seeking a dedicated Staff Professional II to work in our Fort Worth, TX office. The successful candidate will have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or related field of study and 2 to 5 years relevant professional experience with an emphasis on industrial environmental compliance. Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas are necessary. Experience in the following is preferred:
- Development and Implementation of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP3), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans, RCRA Contingency Plans, Emergency Action Plans, Emergency Response Plans, and Health and Safety Plans.
- Proficiency and familiarity with federal, state, and local regulations including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), The Safe Drinking Water Act, and Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
- Experience in develop and implementation of environmental management systems.
- Exhibit readiness to conduct field programs.
- Environmental Program Management
- Stormwater Permitting
- Wastewater Permitting and Compliance
- Air permitting
- Toxics Release Inventory/Tier II Reports
- Waste Compliance and Reporting
Knowledge and understanding of Federal and Texas regulatory programs preferred. Some prior experience working with regulatory programs such as air, water, and/or waste is preferred.
W&M Internship Program
W&M takes pride in offering students hands-on experience in the environmental arena. Our program allows students to participate in historical research projects, report writing and various aspects of the business to provide them with practical work-related experience.
While at W&M, students work on a variety of projects including assessment, remediation, compliance, H&S, regulatory negotiation and site closure. They also have the opportunity to meet with environmental attorneys, industry health & safety managers and other environmental professionals.
W&M recruits it’s interns through the TCEQ’s Mickey Leland Internship program.